You are paying for outcomes and for my dedicated time.
You are ensuring a certain number of hours are wholly dedicated to you and that the tasks you have outsourced to me will be completed. This may be on an ad-hoc basis or within a retainer that we have previously agreed.
It is up to you to direct enough work to me to use the hours – don’t worry, we will check in with one another often.
Generally, unused hours aren’t refundable – I expect us to work together to ensure you are supported fully in the time we have together.
More than anything you are paying for the value I provide. We may not always use the retained hours in full, I’m efficient and will always get the to-do list done. You are paying me to do something you no longer have to do and/or worry about – if you would pay yourself the same as my hourly rate, it’s probably best you continue doing it yourself, if it is more worth your time to outsource then we have the perfect partnership.
You are also paying for:
- Everything I’ve learnt from the of hours of work I have provided businesses
- Every bit of distilled knowledge from extra courses/training I’ve taken
- The content of every book, TEDTalk and blog post I’ve digested – I take professional and personal development seriously!
- My experience in real-life work situations, both as an employee and a business owner
- My high standards and work ethic, which probably rival yours
- My practical knowledge from working with a variety of clients and businesses
Shared interest equals a strategic partnership. When working with me, I ask that you bring me into your business. Indoctrinate me in your culture, and allow me the opportunity to share my ideas. Collaboration is a powerful tool that will take your business to the next level.